Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I indicate in advance which room I prefer?
Yes, that's possible! You can indicate your preferred room type when making the reservation. Do you prefer a specific room number? Let us know in the 'Special Wishes' when making the reservation on our own website and we will try to take your preference into account.
- Can I donate a stay?
Yes, that's possible! You can make a reservation for someone else. Please contact the hotel at the telephone number or email address below and ask us to issue a voucher. We will send you the voucher by post.
- Can I change or cancel a reservation?
Yes, that's possible! We have two types of rates:
Bookings with this rate can be cancelled or changed free of charge up to 24 hours before arrival. Call us or send us an email to notify us of your changes.
This is our lowest rate. Reservations booked for this rate can no longer be changed or cancelled free of charge.
- What are the options for an extra bed?
Due to fire safety regulations, it is not allowed in our hotel to place an extra bed in the room. We do have baby cots available. These can be booked for EUR 12.50 per night. You can indicate this when making the reservation under the 'Extra Services' tab. Have you already booked? Then contact us by phone or e-mail.
- Are there also rooms with a bath?
No, at Star Lodge Hotels we do not have rooms with a bath. All our rooms have a walk-in shower.
- Is there a wedding package deal?
Certainly! Our pampering package consists of the following:
- Stay in our Garden View Room
- Bottle of Prosecco in the room
- Rose petals on the bed
- Extensive breakfast in bed
- Great late check-out until 1 pm!
Since we would like to go through your personal requirements, we ask that you make requests for weddings by phone or email.
Don't want to book a package? Choose our Garden View Room when booking for a romantic view!
- Do you accept group bookings?
Star Lodge Hotels is definitely the ideal location for large groups. With a car park, 2 excellent restaurants and a central location close to major arterial roads, our accommodation is ideal for receiving large groups. If your reservation contains more than 5 rooms, please send an e-mail to email@example.com for more information.
- Is there a shuttle / taxi service available?
Certainly. Star Lodge Hotels Utrecht works together with the Utrechtse Taxi Centrale. Guests who book a taxi through our hotel can use a reduced rate. Call us or send us an email to make a reservation.
- What time can I check in?
All rooms are guaranteed to be clean from 14:00. You can come and check in at any time and leave your luggage with us. If you want to be in the room earlier, you can choose to book an early check-in. The fee for this is € 20, your room will then be available at 11 am. You can indicate this when making the reservation under the 'Extra Services' tab on our website. Did you already book? Then contact us by phone or e-mail.
- How do I get to the hotel?
By car (A27 / A28):
- Follow the signs Utrecht / Rijnsweerd
- Follow the 2 right-hand lanes to turn right to the Waterlinieweg (signs to Rijnsweerd / Wittevrouwen / Centrum)
- At the roundabout, take the first exit to the Biltsestraatweg / N237 towards Zeist
- At the first traffic light, at Archimedeslaan, make a U-turn, stay on Biltsestraatweg
- Star Lodge Hotels is on your right
From Amsterdam Schiphol
- A train leaves every 15 minutes to Utrecht Central
From Utrecht Central Station
- Bus number 74 direction Zeist
- Bus stop Archimedeslaan
- Star Lodge Hotels is 100 meters behind you
- Can I park at the hotel?
You certainly can! Star Lodge Hotels has a large parking lot in front of the door. Hotel guests make use of a reduced parking rate of € 7 per 24 hours. Reservations are not necessary. Do you have an electric car? At Star Lodge Hotels we've got 4 charging stations in front of the door.
In the hotel
- Does the hotel have a restaurant?
Star Lodge Hotels has 2 dining partners on site:
- Does the hotel have a bicycle shed?
Yes, Star Lodge Hotels has a camera-monitored outdoor parking for bicycles. On request we also have (very limited) space to store i.e. electric bicycle. Pay attention: parking your bicycle is entirely at your own risk.
- Can I rent a bicycle at the hotel?
You certainly can! We rent bicycles for the following rates:
- 4 hours: €5,-
- 12 hours: €10,-
- 24 hours: €15,-
These prices include insurance.
You can indicate this when making the reservation under the 'Extra Services' tab on our own website. Have you already booked? Then contact us by phone or e-mail.
- Are there any age restrictions in the hotel?
To book a hotel room you must be 18 years or older. This also applies to drinking alcohol. (We can also welcome guests under the age of 18 with written permission from parents / guardians).
- Can I smoke in the hotel?
All rooms and public areas are non-smoking. Smoking is only allowed on our terraces.
- Is the hotel accessible for disabled people or people with walking difficulties?
Yes, all public areas in our hotel are on the ground floor. We also have a disabled room available.
- Are pets welcome?
No, pets are not allowed in our hotel. Guide dogs are, we do not charge extra costs for this.
- How does breakfast work?
Breakfast is always included at Star Lodge Hotels! Our breakfast consists of a continental breakfast buffet. Breakfast times are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 06.30 – 10.00
- Saturday and Sunday: 07.00 – 11.00
Do you have any special dietary requirements? Please let us know at check-in or with the 'Special Wishes' when making the reservation on our website.
- What time do I have to check out?
Our regular check-out time is 11am. You can use a late check-out for EUR 20. This room is then available until 2 p.m. You can indicate this when making the reservation under the 'Extra Services' tab on our website. Have you already booked? Then contact us by phone or e-mail.
- Can I check out earlier than planned?
You certainly can! Depending on the reason for cancellation and your chosen rate type, we can shorten or cancel your reservation. For more information, see 'Can I change or cancel a reservation?'
- What payment details are required to make a reservation?
We always ask for a payment guarantee to make a reservation. You provide this payment guarantee by filling in your credit card details when making a reservation. Do you not have a credit card? Then you can pay for the reservation in advance through iDeal / internet banking.
- Which payment methods are accepted?
We accept the following payment methods:
- What is city tax and when will it be charged?
City tax is a tax that you pay when you stay in a municipality where you are not registered. In Utrecht, the tourist tax is 6% of the price per room. This will be charged upon arrival.